This Fund is established to benefit and support the Weed Community Center's rebuild through a community challenge match campaign with grants made to deserving and qualified nonprofit entities.
One of the remaining pieces to make the city of Weed whole again after the 2014 Boles Fire is the rebuilding of the Community Center. Designed by Schlumpberger Consulting Engineers, construction is underway just east of Charlie Byrd Park with main contractor Timberworks Construction.
The McConnell Foundation has offered the Weed Recreation and Parks District a Challenge Grant up to $100,000 for construction of the Weed Community Center!
The facility will include:
- Commercial Kitchen
- Grand Room - seating capacity 160
- Rec Center Room - seating capacity 50 or less
- Indoor Pool - classes & physical therapy
- Physical Therapy services & treatment rooms
- Card lock gym
- Office & community space for gatherings
- Community outreach Labs and Classes
Help us reach our $100,000 goal by May 1, 2018 with your donation here today!