Invest in our community.
We're building resources for Shasta and Siskiyou Counties. Five steps to strategic giving.
|Home > In the news|
$356,814 in Grants Awarded by the Shasta Regional Community Foundation
Dec 4, 2012
PRESS RELEASE - December 3, 2012
Contact: SRCF-Kerry Caranci 530-244-1219 firstname.lastname@example.org
Shasta Regional Community Foundation Board of Directors recently approved recommendations for funding from The McConnell Fund. $356,814 was awarded to 20 organizations in Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity Counties. This brings the total grants awarded from the Shasta Regional Community Foundation to almost $12 million since its inception in 2000.
The Community Foundation’s McConnell Fund grant making program serves Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama and Trinity Counties with grants each spring and fall. Volunteer panelists from the counties review proposals, conduct site visits, and make recommendations for grants to the Community Foundation Board of Directors. It is our goal to strengthen and build better communities through these projects.
The following organizations were awarded funding through the recent cycle:
1. Alturas Garden Club - $13,250 for the painting of the Whistle Stop Depot building
2. Friends of the Old Lewiston Schoolhouse Library and Museum - $4,700 for a storage shed
3. Golden Age Center - $25,000 for solar roof panels
4. Trinity County Friends of the Library - $3,000 for a free standing book return for Weaverville library
5. Tehama County Education Foundation - $6,200 for students and community art display equipment
6. 30th District Agricultural Association/Tehama District Fair - $18,085 to renovate & repair stall area
7. Metteer Elementary School - $19,800 for the kindergarten playground equipment
8. Red Bluff Joint Union High School District - $27,000 to purchase 1 van for their teen pregnancy/teen mother program
9. Dunsmuir Recreation and Parks District - $17,400 to replace the kitchen hood
10. Mt. Shasta Museum Association - $18,373 to renovate the event room
11. McCloud Elementary School - $3,103 – to upgrade their sound system
12. Scott Valley Theater Company - $33,094 to replace the roof
13. Weed Revitalization Coalition - $7,500 to upgrade computer lab
14. Lassen Park Foundation - $33,302 for interpretive signs and cell phone tour information
15. Shasta Land Trust - $9,200 for a used truck, i-pad and computer monitor
16. Youth Violence Prevention Council of Shasta County - $10,000 to replace their phone and computer equipment
17. Northern Valley Catholic Social Services - $8,145 for furniture and therapeutic equipment for their counseling center
18. Happy Valley Fire Protection District - $9,637 for a thermal imaging camera
19. Foothill High School – $40,025 for the agricultural lab (perimeter fencing and installation of electrical, cooling and heating systems)
20. Shingletown Medical Center - $50,000 to repair and replace roof