Arts and Animal Welfare Award Recipients AnnouncedShasta Regional Community Foundation announces recent awards to recipients in Shasta and Siskiyou counties in the fields of Animal Welfare and Community Arts. The Community Foundation administers the grants and the corresponding funds while grant review committee members from the region serve to evaluate proposals and make recommendations for funding.
The following organizations were awarded grants from the Animal Welfare Endowment Fund, established in 2009 to provide care for animals in Shasta and Siskiyou counties:
• Haven Humane Society, $7,500 to provide low-cost spay and neuter surgeries for dogs
• Horses Assist Lives Organization (HALO,) $4,898 to provide feed, veterinary care, vaccinations, and saddle pads for program horses
• Siskiyou Spay & Neuter Incentive Program (SNIP), $7,500 to provide low-cost spay and neuter surgeries for cats and dogs
• Stable Hands, $3,000 to purchase horse shelters
• Turtle Bay Exploration Park, $7,500 to cover veterinary costs for animal ambassadors
The following recipients were awarded grants from the Community Arts Endowment Fund, established to support the arts in our region today and forever. Grants are made to nonprofits, public entities, and individual artists for the creation and presentation of new work in any media:
• Axiom Repertory Theatre, $2,500 to fund royalties and rental fees for five upcoming shows
• Enterprise High School, $1,000 to fund the free productions of Robin Hood and Into the Woods for surrounding schools
• Eric Whitmer, Individual Artist, $1,250 to cover costs of a concert series featuring local youth musicians and composers
• Kim Solga, Individual Artist, $2,500 to fund materials and labor for mural painting in Mt. Shasta
• Siskiyou County Arts Council, $1,629 to purchase portable dance floor, microphones and sound system for outdoor performances of Shasta Studios/Mt. Shasta Children's Theatre
• Turtle Bay Exploration Park, $2,500 to provide support of the Drop-in Art Studio
The Shasta Regional Community Foundation is a resource building organization in Shasta and Siskiyou counties dedicated to promoting philanthropy by connecting people who care with causes that matter. Since inception in 2000, the Community Foundation has awarded over $20,000,000 in grants to area nonprofit organizations. For more information on how you can contribute to meet the increasing needs of fields of interest such as these, call the Shasta Regional Community Foundation at (530) 244-1219.